The United Health Foundation released America's Health Rankings last week. Maine ranked 15th overall, up five spots from last year.
Highlights noted by the foundation include:
- In the past year, immunizations among children aged 19 to 35 months increased 25 percent from 68.0 percent to 84.7 percent.
- In the past year, physical inactivity decreased 15 percent from 23.3 percent to 19.7 percent of adults.
- In the past five years, low birthweight increased 13 percent from 6.3 percent to 7.1 percent of live births.
- In the past 20 years, infant mortality increased 13 percent from 6.2 to 7.0 deaths per 1,000 live births.
- Since 1990, cardiovascular deaths decreased 46 percent from 408.0 to 218.7 per 100,000 population.
For more information, visit http://www.americashealthrankings.org/ME