Winter storms and cold temperatures can be hazardous, but if you plan ahead, you can stay safe and healthy. Maine CDC has updated its Winter Health web site with current information on safe wood burning, carbon monoxide poisoning prevention, and hypothermia prevention.
Additional Information and Resources
- Maine Prepares winter safety and preparedness information from MEMA
- Winter weather health from US CDC
- Winter weather preparedness from FEMA
- Cold stress information for outdoor workers from the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health and OSHA
- Monitor Maine-specific information from the National Weather Service
- Road conditions