Below are excerpts from the June 27 public health update from Maine CDC. For the full update, read it online.
A new disease called “Middle East Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus” (MERS-CoV) has been getting a lot of media attention after it caused severe illness and death in adults from several countries. There are currently no reported cases in the United States.
US CDC has developed a brief feature at http://go.usa.gov/bQx8
As the weather starts warming up, make sure you know how to keep your summer safe and healthy. Know how to avoid:
- Carbon monoxide poisoning: http://go.usa.gov/b4ST
- Recreational water illnesses: http://go.usa.gov/b4S9
- Heat-related illnesses: http://go.usa.gov/b4SJ
- The 2012 Summary of Reportable Infectious Diseases in Maine is now available at http://go.usa.gov/bFZG
- US CDC released its summary of recommendations from the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) for the Prevention of Measles, Rubella, Congenital Rubella Syndrome, and Mumps. The MMWR is available at http://go.usa.gov/bFZk
The conference website for the 2013 Division of Infectious Disease Annual Conference is now live at http://www.cvent.com/d/pcqy5p