Maine CDC has issued a letter to health care providers who have registered with the Maine Immunization Program to offer state-supplied flu vaccine regarding vaccine availability.
For the 2011-12 season, Maine CDC plans to provide seasonal influenza vaccine for:
- All Maine children ages 6 months to 18 years-old
- Employees of schools that provide onsite vaccine clinics on school days
- Pregnant women and their partners (through health care providers who routinely care for pregnant women)
- Nursing home employees and residents
- Any underinsured or uninsured adult in any setting (for patients who do not have insurance or whose insurance does not cover vaccines)
- All individuals served by Tribal health centers and Municipal Health Departments
Information on the vaccine ordering process will be posted at www.maineflu.gov in August. Tools and resources for those conducting school-located vaccine clinics (SLVC) will also be updated in August.
US CDC has updated its online flu information, including: